Last Updated: 19th March, 2021.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s Rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
1. Personal Identification Information
- We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Website, register on the Website, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, purchase Products, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Website.
- Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Website related activities.
2. Non-Personal Identification Information
- We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Website.
- Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Website, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
3. Web Browser Cookies
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any Personal Data.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
4. How We Use Collected Personal Data
Made In The Moon may collect and use Users Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service Personal Data you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise user experience We may use Personal Data in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group purchase Products or use the services and resources provided on our Website.
- To improve our Website/Products We may use feedback you provide to improve our Website and Products.
- To process payments We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order for Products. We do not share this Personal Data with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete an order for the Products.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Website feature To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Website.
- To request a review We may use the email address to send User an email through the trusted review company, TrustPilot. This email is sent out automatically with every order placed through the Website and we may send you a request to review our Company when contacting us through email.
5. Storing Your Personal Data
How long will you use my personal data for?
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. By law we have to keep basic Personal Data about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for [six] years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
- We retain pending, failed and cancelled orders for [two] weeks, you may receive an email reminding you that there are items in your basket.
- We retain user accounts and completed orders indefininetly, this Data shall be removed when the user is deleted from the Website.
- In some circumstances we may anonymise your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
6. How We Protect Your Personal Data
- We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Data, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Website.
- Sensitive and private data exchange between the Website and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Website is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
- Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of Personal Data. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
- If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
7. Disclosing Your Personal Data
- We may disclose your Personal Data to our sub-contractors and other suppliers and service providers who we engage to assist with our administrative or business functions and to deal with any other matters in connection with our Website, our products and services and any agreements we enter into with you.
- We may disclose your Personal Data to credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your creditworthiness where this is a condition of us entering into an agreement with you.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer.
- If Made In The Moon or any member of the Group, or substantially all of its or their assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its or their customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Made In The Moon or any member of the Group or others. This includes exchanging Personal Data with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8. Social Networks
If you connect to a Social Network, information such as your profile photo, your name, birth year and approximate location will be collected from your Social Network profile and used to identify you on the Website. If you have chosen to preserve anonymity by using a pseudonym for your Made in the Moon username, be aware that information from Social Network(s) can reveal your identity in part or in full.
We collect your public profile data only from your consent that you grant before initiating Social Login, from the social network used to login at our website. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, link to your social media profile, unique identifier, link to social profile avatar. This data is used to create your user profile at our website. You can revoke this consent at any time by sending us an email.
Social Media Buttons
- On our website we offer you the possibility to use so called “Social Media Buttons”. To protect your data, the share buttons are implemented as static images, which contain a link to the corresponding social network site. If you click on such a button, you will be redirected to the respective social network site in the same way, as normal links would do as well. Only in that moment of time the provider of the social network site will get information about you, which may collect your IP address, your web browser User Agent, store and retrieve cookies on your browser, embed additional tracking, and monitor your interaction, including correlating your Social Media Account with whatever action you take within the interface (such as “sharing” a page).
- On our website we offer share buttons for the following services / companies: AddThis, Facebook, PayPal, Pinterest, Reddit, Tumblr, Twitter, WhatsApp.
9. Who Else Can Access Your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with: Connected third parties:
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
10. Access To Personal Data
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any personal data that we hold relating to you. If you would like a copy of this information, please use the Data Compliance Page on our website.
11. Payments On Our Website
- All payments on our website are processed by Stripe or PayPal.
- When you make a payment on our Website, you are providing your payment details to the relevant third-party payment processor, and not to us. We do not receive and therefore do not store any of your payment details when you make an online payment. Stripe & PayPal process your payment details for the purpose of processing your online payment for our products and services.
- Users may find advertising or other content on our Website that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website.
- In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
- We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect Personal Data from children. We do not target children with our services.
14. Your Acceptance Of These Terms
- By accessing this Website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Website.
- Your continued access to the Website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
15. Contact Information
Phone: +44 1625 545 745